Welcome

Welcome friends to my little area of blogland

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Wednesday 16th November

I have done it at last - I have made a card for a challenge (i've got to do it one at a time so that I don't get confused ). The Challenge that I have chosen for my first effort is CD Sunday and the topic is "Paisley"All I have to do now is find out how to post it on the challenge website Eeeeekkkkk.


I have used an 8x8 square card. The backing paper is from a free Docraft CD that came with a magazine a few years ago. It is black and white but I printed it on pearlescent card to give it a silvery effect.
The bottom left corner I stamped and embossed leaves using a Creative Expression stamp , this doesn't show up very well on the photograph
The centre mat is a Cuttlebug embossing folder matted with silver Miri board. The sentiment is a Clarity stamp . As the Challenge was launched on Armistice Sunday I decided to add poppies, the stamped image has been done using Lavinia stamps and coloured with mica paint which unfortunately doesn't show up very well on the photograph. The sentiment and the image have been matted with red textured paper. The poppy was made by me using the same red paper and sprayed with Crafters Companion silver glitter spray. The card is finished with a red ribbon

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Trish, love your hand made poppy and your backing paper is gorgeous
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Trish, I do like Lavinia stamps and this one especially. Great bp and lovely hand made Poppy. Good luck with entering the challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on making your own flower embellishment - I'm impressed. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jocelyn
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Trish good to see you made it! Fab card and I love the flower and your embossing , quite sublte but there. Now you've done it I hope you'll join us again.
    Thank you for making CD Sunday your 1st go at a challenge.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on linking your post, it can seem a bit daunting at first. A beautiful card, I love the embossing folder that you've used.

    Sue x (GD CD Sunday)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Trish. Especially like that background.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Trish. CD Sunday was my first challenge too. A beautiful card and the poppy is fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Trish, great idea to print the background on pearlescent card. Beautiful stamping and I love the flower
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfection again!! is there no holding you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally gorgeous Trish - you star - great challenge site to pick for your first.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Trish, CD Sunday was my first challenge too, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday

    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete